1. The student will demonstrate an understanding of the elements of music by performing a varied repertoire with expression and technical accuracy.
2. The student will demonstrate an understanding of the elements of music by performing weekly assignments with expression and accuracy.
3. The student will participate and respond appropriately in rehearsals, classes, and performances of varied musical content.
4. The student will match his or her playing style to that genre of music or historical style of the piece that is being performed.
5. The student will demonstrate appropriate audience behavior while attending performances of varied musical genres.
6. The student will indentify and articulate measurable criteria based on the elements of music to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of musical performances and compositions.
7. The student will identify the basic elements of music as utilized in the pieces being studied.
8. The student will identify and describe ways in which musical works speak to personal feelings.
9. The student will demonstrate knowledge of musical terminology.
10. The student will demonstrate ways in which music is interrelated with other disciplines.